Saturday, April 11, 2009

The obligatory Wedding journal entry

If you didn't know already the madAngel and I were married on Feb 22nd in the Stratosphere Hotel chapel in Las Vegas. We were joined by my Best Man (some of you will know him as Jar(egg)head of the blog Apathy Curve) and his wife along with the madAngel's parents and other family. We honeymooned for a week in Vegas, seeing the sights, taking in some shows, walking the Strip and making generous contributions to the local Vegas economic recovery effort.  One thing is for sure, there is still much for us to see an do in Vegas and we are definitely planning to go back again.  The hotel prices are amazingly cheap.  If we actually plan ahead the plane tickets won't be so bad either.  We have many wedding pics and pics from our trips around Vegas...so many that I still need to sort through them to post up on my Flickr album. But here are a couple to start with.






Since returning home it has been a flurry of activity. Playing catchup at work, merging our finances, getting madAngel's name changed on everything, and me working 50-60 hour weeks to accomplish the reorganization of my new domain at work (I was recently asked to become the PMO Manager for Global Strategic Infrastructure at The-International-Oil-Company-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named-To-Keep-the-Lawyers-Happy).

All this Post-Wedding craziness is finally starting to settle down for us to have time to catch our breaths and for me to formally blog about anything.

The madAngel and I will be going downtown next weekend to attend the annual Houston International Festival. This year's theme country will be Ireland, so hopefully there will be some good celtic music to be heard and performances to be seen. Keeping fingers crossed for good weather.

No plans to go to Scarborough Faire this year. Too much else to do, other places to spend the money, and the drive to Dallas is just long enough to be unpleasant. Maybe next year. It was a fun change to have a RenFaire to attend in the early part of the year.

Thinking about going the the Wings Over Houston Air Show this year. I've not been in 10 years and the madAngel has never been. The roar of the jet engines as they scream low over your head is a wonderful rush as I recall.


But now the Tax deadline is rapidly approaching so I am spending the weekend getting my papers in order to finally do the onerous deed of doing my taxes and writing The Check to Uncle Sam.

No comments: