Friday, June 10, 2005



This is the rear entrance to the shop that I'm working on across the tracks from the house in Periwinkle. Took me a while to find the hanging vines texture to get the aged look to the structure that I was wanting. Right now, the lightcone on the lamps is not scripted so the lights "stay on" all the time. Fortunately SL-L&P hasn't found out where my mailing address is. *grins* The next thing to do will be to put a script into the lightcones to 1) Turn on at nightfall and turn off at sunrise and 2) Allow me to turn them on & off manually. Easy to do...just lazy. ;) Eventually will have steps and a path from the back of the shop around the Periwinkle Waterway (not shown here) to Oour property on the other side of the railway bridge. As always, finding the right textures to carry the right "style" or "theme" is the key. I'm looking to carry through an "ancient" or at least aged appearance to the other structures in Perwinkle, inspired by some of the architecture and textures used for the D'ni culture found in games like Uru, Riven and Exile. And of course, some of those things I build for the structures in Peri (like the lamps with scripted light controls, I will eventually turn around and sell in the shop. :)

No comments: